Onion crop data analysis
Our results show a healthy increase in marketable yield
The use of Maxstim Agriculture + together with Maxstim Cynosa™ is proven to protect crops from environmental stress and dramatically increase crop yield. Additionally, it aids the production of a more uniform crop and significantly improves profitability per hectare.
The data in this trial has been gathered across crops of Red Baron and Julia onions in the UK.
These positive results were achieved using a combination of Maxstim Agriculture + and Maxstim Cynosa.
- Plots treated with Maxstim products showed significant growth from control plots
- Treated onions showed a greater homogeneity
- Root length in treated plants was significantly longer
- Plant resilience to detrimental weather conditions was hugely improved in treated crops
- An observable increase in marketable yield was recorded from plots using Maxstim products
So how did we achieve this?
- 2.5 litres of Agriculture + and 2 litres of Cynosa per hectare were applied in starter fertiliser 200L/Ha during sowing.
- 3 further applications of Maxstim product were applied. 10 litres of Agriculture + and 2 litres of Cynosa were applied at crook stage with first leaf emergence, when 4-7 leaves had formed at the start of bulb initiation, and finally 14-20 days after the third application.
- 6 pairs of treated & untreated 3.66m² plots were harvested and assessed.
- Onion plants were measured for height, number of leaves, length of bulb, diameter of bulb, root length and weight.
Onion growth cycle and Maxstim application plan
Plot Weights for Brown Onions
(In Furrow Application)
Harvest results for brown onions treated with
Maxstim in the furrow and a full treatment
thereafter recorded as t/ha. There was an
18% increase in marketable yield in the
crops treated with Maxstim products
compared to untreated crops.
Average yield for control plots = 43.49 t/Ha
Average yield for Maxstim treated plots = 51.18 t/Ha
Plot Weights for Red Onions
(20% Reduced Fungicide)
Harvest results for red onions with a 20%
reduction in fungicide showing a 26% increase
in marketable yield in the crops treated with
Maxstim products compared to control crops.
Average yield for control plots = 29.94 t/Ha
Average yield for Maxstim treated plots = 37.69 t/Ha